Avocado & Tomato Salad

 From Delish this was another great variation and we served it over sliced grilled chicken. The only thing I did different is - that although I made the full recipe - I knew we would have leftovers and the avocado would spoil - so I cut up only one avocado last night and then had everyone add it to their mixture after they served themselves- this way when we have it again we can add fresh avocado  each time. 


1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil 

Juice of 1 lemon 

1/4 tsp. ground cumin 

Kosher salt 

Freshly ground black pepper 

3 avocados, cubed 

1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved 

1 small cucumber, sliced into half moons 

1/3 c. corn  ( we char grilled our corn)

1 jalepeño, minced (optional) 

2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro


In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and cumin. Season dressing with salt and pepper.  

In a large serving bowl, combine avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, jalapeño, and cilantro.  

Gently toss with dressing and serve immediately. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs