Black and White Pasta with Clams Amalfi Coast Style

OK so after I got back I just had to try my hand at recreating some of the fabulous dishes we had sampled. The pasta was from Italy I brought it back and then I just made a very simple sauce

Pasta
2# clams
1 large can san marzano tomatoes, chunks or crushed
fresh parsley chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
EVOO
1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes

In saucepan -heat EVOO and then saute garlic and red pepper flakes , add can of tomatoes and simmer with parsley or basil to let flavors come together.
Start pasta per package instructions -cook and drain -place in center of serving platter or plate
In large pot with 1" water layer cleaned clams -bring to a boil covered and then reduce remove clams when opened and arrange around pasta
Layer simmered sauce over pasta - enjoy

 It was yummy almost like being back in Italy...not quite but it was good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs