Fish Tacos

Fish Tacos !!

So I bought catfish at Costco and thought what can I do with this and Daniel was out with his girlfriend Hanna and talked about making fish tacos. HMMMM fish tacos sounds delish -- except no recipe so away we go!
INGREDIENTS:
Catfish fillets
Pampered Chef Creole Rub --you want a spicy seasoning to KICK UP the fish
EVOO for frying up fish --you could grill it as well
Shredded Cabbage
Rice a Roni Spanish Rice --for side dish or Kevin likes it on his taco
Tortillas --we had TJ's Habanero Lime Tortillas -SPICHY!!Yes I meant SPICHY!

For the Salsa:
Frozen Corn --about 1 c defrosted
Black Beans - 1 can drained and rinsed
1/2 red onion chopped --see there is a an addtl white onion in pic - I did't use it
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup cilantro chopped --LOVE the SMELL don't you??
Lime juice -about 2-3 T
Salt to taste

First make your salsa
Chop up your Cilantro -- I love it ( Dad and Kerri hate it --oh well--too bad for them!)
Now in a small bowl --add black beans, corn, cilantro, tomato, and red onion.

Now add lime juice and season with salt to taste.
Fry up with a little EVOO --its Kevin's new Le Creuset Pan !
Here it is on the second side with the PC Creole seasoning.
OK time to start layering --Definitely should heat up tortillas so they are softer ( I didn't arrrgh)
Layer with Cabbage ( and Rice per Kevin) then add Catfish fillet - I used only half per tortilla.


Now top with salsa -- hmm and maybe perhaps sour cream... Served it on the side with rice topped with salsa mixture.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs