Celery Root Mash

I used a recipe as a "go by" from  a website called Simply Recipes. I wanted to find another potato alternative and we had this at a restaurant in CO. It is delicious and fragrant was a perfect companion to roast chicken. 
  • 2 pounds celery root
  • 1/2 cup milk or cream ( I used fat free half and half)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter ( I used liquid butter spray)
  • Salt to taste (we added black pepper as well)
1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer while you peel the celery roots with a knife. Cut the celery roots into 1-inch pieces and boil for 25-30 minutes, until soft
2 Drain the celery roots
3 Add the milk or cream, butter and a generous pinch of salt and mash with a potato masher or immersion stick blender until it is as smooth as you like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs