Bourbon chicken

No idea where I found this recipe but since Kevin is such a bourbon lover decided I would make this for a stay at home date night! Next time definitely will use chicken thighs as I over cooked the chicken a little.


1 pound chicken thighs or breasts cut into one inch pieces
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup bourbon*
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
sliced green onions for garnish

In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and chicken. Cook until brown and no longer pink.
In a small bowl whisk together bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. Whisk together cornstarch and water and add to the sauce.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens up. Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onions if desired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs