Restaurant Review Wolfgang Puck's Postrio Bar & Grill Venetian Hotel Las Vegas

So recently I accompanied Kevin to Las Vegas for a work trip -- we stayed at the Venetian Hotel and it is really quite lovely. Here they have re-created Venice in both the architecture and the Al Fresco paintings that adorn the ceilings. The canals of Venice both indoor and outdoors with the serenading Gondola's winding their way past the Grand Canal Shoppes and Restaurants. While Kevin has been busy at his conference I decided to try out celebrated chef Wolfgang Puck's restaurant Postrio Bar & Grill touted as a contemporary version of  a classic bar and grill.

I decided to seat myself at the bar tucked away towards a corner and was instantly greeted by head bartender Robert --he was wonderful and after ordering a wonderful Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley in Oregon I reviewed the menu and with his input ordered the following. By the way the generous Wolfgang shares a lot of his recipes at http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipes

I started with a seasonal Pumpkin puree soup - adorned with creme fraiche with cardamom and a blop of cranberry compote and fried sage. It arrived promptly but I noticed it was only lukewarm on the edges -- I asked Robert about it and he told me that it was to be more lukewarm than piping hot to taste the flavors and offered to heat it more for me if I wanted. I decided to try it the way the chef meant it to be served and declined the reheat. It was warmer towards the center and was fabulous right to the last drop -- will definitely be trying to recreate that at home. There is a Savory Squash recipe on his website listed above as well.

For my second course I decided to order the Wood Oven Roasted Mushrooms, Leeks, Rosemary and Goat Cheese pizza. This pizza did not disappoint other than it really was a serving for 2-3 people and I only had 2 slices  -- it was delicious with a mixture of wild mushrooms and then the topping of flat leaf Italian parsley really added to the earthy taste. I had him box up the rest to take back to the room  - perhaps for a snack later. Funny story when in Boston on a recent visit with our English cousins we were discussing how horrified they are that Americans ask for take home doggie bags. Funny.... Anyhow I ended up eating the leftover cold for lunch the next day and it was still delicious.
 

This café style restaurant offered a view of the Carnivale atmosphere on St. Mark’s Square along with all the music and sounds of the performers. I would definitely recommend it --great food and service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs