Margarita Cake -- the celebration dessert of SkyDivers!!

This recipe came from my friend and coworker Jackie --it was easy and delicious (came out great even after I had to pull it out of the oven after I realized I had forgotten to put in the veg oil--oops)
If you don't own the liquors already remember you can always buy just the 'nip' size.
Anyhow we used it as a celebration dessert for Katie and 5 friends who bravely Skydived in Warrenton Saturday afternoon!!

Here is my daughter as she made her dive--totally cool!!
 Here is the crew at the lake with their Celebrate Cake - Congrats Katie, Nick, Laura, Curtis (formerly know as Austin~ just kidding was on phone talking about an upcoming vacation to Austin TX and typed the wrong name in!! Oops!!), Mel and Jessie --who by the way has her own fabulous food blog at http://www.themessiekitchen.com/   
Check out her Oreo stuffed CC cookies or Boston cream pie cupcakes!
 Here goes the ingredients~
 18.25 oz pkg White cake mix
3.4 oz pkg INSTANT vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
2/3 cup water

1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as triple sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau
For the glaze:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon tequila
2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
2 tablespoons lime juice


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
Prepare the batter: In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, lime juice, 1/4 cup tequila and 2 tablespoons triple sec. Beat for 2 minutes.
Bake the cake: Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean

 This is the  OOOPS part--was getting ready to make glaze and noted the vegetable oil on counter and realized that I had thought the batter seemed thick but thought probably the pudding is setting up!! Quick look and realized I did not have the 1/2 cup measuring cup out and had indeed not added the oil--luckily the cake was only in oven about 2 min--so pull it back out --dump back into mixing bowl --add oil and mix --back into the pan and viola! you would never have known if I hadn't told you !!
 In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon tequila, 2 tablespoons triple sec and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Mix until smooth.


 Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to rack and pour glaze over cake while still warm.


 Thought I was very clever with the storage and put it into one of my PC collapsible bowls --used the lid as the plate and covered it with the bowl for easy transport!!

Comments

  1. This cake was WONDERFUL!! And thanks for the plug! I "tweeted" this recipe because I loved it so much. Thanks for having us this weekend!! :)

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Mario Batali's Penne alla Vodka