Dedication Casserole

This recipe is from Joanna Gaines Cookbook Magnolia Table. I had received it as a Mothers Day gift from Katie and Nora last May. I had already tabbed several  recipes that I wanted to make. This casserole was delicious and would make plenty for a crowd. If you love cheese this is definitely for you!

Three 6.2 ounce Boxes Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice Fast cook
Vegetable oil spray
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken ( or I used 4 chicken breasts poached and shredded)
8 oz block cream cheese --softened and cut into 1" pieces
12 ounce jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts UNDRAINED
8 ounce can diced water chestnuts, drained
1 T fresh minced tarragon, divided
1 t garlic powder
s/p
4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar

In a soup pot prepare rice according to directions.

Meanwhile if serving right away preheat oven to 375 and spray a 13x9x3 baking pan with vegetable oil.

Into the cooked rice add the chicken, cream cheese, artichokes with liquid, water chestnuts, HALF of the tarragon, the garlic powder and s/p. Stir until well combined.

Smooth into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. (if you want at this point cover with foil and refridge overnight - uncover and let come to room temp for an hour before cooking)

Bake until heated through 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining tarragon, Serve right out of dish.

Store leftovers in covered container up to 4 days.

Comments

  1. I had this tonight as the entree for our Book Club pot luck. OMG! I am addicted. I’m serving it at my next Gourmet Supper Club event. Absolutely delicious! ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs