Grapefruit and Avocado Salad

From the All Recipes Magazine --this was a wonderful and light summer side salad. You could even add in some cooked shrimp or chicken as a protein. The only thing I would do differently is not to add the extra juice from the grapefruit. I apologize for the blurry picture --we ate it all so no leftovers for retake! The recipe as shown below is for 8  so I quartered the recipe for 2.





  • 4 large red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
  • 4 avocados - peeled, pitted, and sliced
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
 
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • salt and cracked black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Arrange the grapefruit sections and avocado slices attractively in a shallow serving dish. In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, lime juice, and honey until well combined; drizzle the dressing over the grapefruit and avocado slices. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs