Carla Hall's Pumpkin Chocolate Cake

Saw this recipe on the Chew and decided it would make the perfect substitute for pumpkin pie and it did not disappoint --it was so rich and delicious I would make it again.  That being said would halve it next time as it was so tall and rich a thin slice was plenty ! Next time I will make it in a single cake pan and slice or half the batter amount in 2 cake pans with less cooking time.**I hate to give into the power of a website but I have attempted to blog this particular recipe 4 times only for it to erase and disappear and start all over again! So here is the link for the recipe from The Chew http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Pumpkin-Chocolate-Cake-Carla-Hall  It was awesome and I would definitely make it again.



  • For the Pumpkin Cake:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • Preheat oven to 350  Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans. Combine sugar oil and eggs and mix well. Whisk dry ingredients together and then add to wet ingredients until combined. Fold in pumpkin puree and divde batter between 2 pans Bake 35-40 min let cool 



  • For the Mascarpone Filling:
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
  • 2 cups mascarpone
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (strained of excess liquid)
  • 2 teaspoons salt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robke's Famous Pork Chop Martini

Siri Daly's Sticky Ham Sandwiches/ Sliders GUEST BLOG

Michael Symon's Ricotta Meatballs